Find en af kommunens andre hjemmesider

Gå ind på den valgte hjemmeside


When you work in Denmark, you pay tax on your income.

Denmark has a welfare system that is financed through taxes. Taxes finance, e.g. health and medical services, childcare, education, care of the elderly, infrastructure, etc. You must contact the authorities to receive a tax rate and deduction card.

Coming to work or live

You must inform SKAT, the national tax authority, when you come to Denmark to work or live. Even though you may not work in Denmark, you may still be required to pay taxes.

Find out more about tax rules


Coming to study

As a student in Denmark, you must pay tax on your income if you earn over a specific amount. For that reason, you will need a tax rate and deduction card.

Find out more about tax rules for students


Leaving Denmark

When you leave Denmark, you must notify the Danish tax authorities.

Read more about leaving Denmark 

Del indhold